Friday, December 5, 2008

Grow up already

I just decided today that I am really looking forward to having at least one class next semester. I am sick of feeling insanely lazy during the day. Well, on days in which I do not work, I am fairly productive. I usually find things to do. However some days when I am working a night shift, at 3, 4, or 5, I feel like it isn't really worth getting out to do anything before then, and thus I end up reading all day or something. Which I suppose is infinitely better than just watching TV or something, but I still feel somewhat lazy.

I think once school is here and at least 3 days a week I have to be somewhere before noon, I will become a more productive person. Or at least wear the guise of a more productive person.

I really want to start exercising. But I also dread doing so, because I haven't for such a long time. I mean, exercised regularly. Which means starting up again will be hell. But I can tell I am getting chubbier than I have been in a few years, and I don't like it, not one bit. I guess the occasional dance party hasn't been enough to keep up in shape.

I guess the scary thing about finishing up next semester is I have to then figure out exactly what I am going to do. You know, start seeking a job. Or something. I can't just be one of those people who graduates and works at a restaurant for a few more years after said graduation. I'm freaking 26. I have to do something with my life. And I'm really scared because, beyond having a desire to write, I have no clue what more to do, and nothing really interests me in the grown up big boy career field.

Decisions, decisions.

2 comments:

Jessa said...

Ive been graduated for months and still have no clue what I'm doing. the big boy world is scary so take your time.

xoxoxo

Dave said...

stay in school as long as you can. cherish it. cherish it.