Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ant floodings

I have noticed that our shower curtain doesn't even almost adequately keep the water from pooling on the bathroom floor, thus imparting wet socks to any being foolish enough to walk in there without paying proper attention. Mostly, I think it is the fault of the moderately retarded 5 out of the 6 guys living here (myself included) that can't seem to figure out how to properly place said curtain in a manner that would hedge the water in. Although perhaps I might be able to blame it upon the new people, as this was never a problem before they moved in. Perhaps I had a small stroke of which I was not aware, and I have lost some mental capacity? That would explain many of the things occurring in my life of late. One thing is for sure; I am not even mad about all of the ants who end up as casualties of our daily inundations.

Yesterday, while in the shower apparently sloughing water all over the floor, there was a massive rainstorm. Like, an intense 10 minute one. As one particular bolt of lightning illuminated the disgusting, rotting, hand-cut square of shower curtain which shields the female tenants from having to gaze at our crotches from across the way, I wondered if a lightning bolt striking the house while in the midst of a shower would be the death of me. I know that in a real person house, this wouldn't be a concern. However, in a house built by the pioneers, I am not so certain that I would not end up with a lightning bold bursting out of some random point in my body. Probably the lower end, as it would have entered my skull through the shower head.

As I returned to my room, I was pleased to find that apparently a great deal of wind had accompanied said storm, and blew a fair amount of rain through my window, soaking rather thoroughly the top half of my bed. Also my phone. Luckily, the blackberry seems to be a resilient little beast, and somehow braved the soaking without any damage. I think.

So much has been occurring in the shower lately.

1 comment:

Dave said...

lightning coming out of some point in the lower half of your body?

I had that dream once.