Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Brilliant shit

I have decided that I have a love/hate relationship with IKEA. I think they have some super rad furniture. Cool designs, and I love the relative affordability. I don't appreciate however, the rather sloppy nature of many of their items. I found this shelf that was reduced from $89 to $40. It is definitely worth 40, but not so much 89. Anyways, as I was putting it together, I found that nothing fit perfectly. Which pist me off. Because on things like that I'm a bit OCD. I want them to fit perfectly. But they don't. Dammit.

I found however, that after I had completely finished putting it together, I just didn't care about the minute imperfections because the shelf just looked so damn cool.

So I guess that's what IKEA does--creates shit that looks cool so you forget it's shit.

Brilliant.

4 comments:

manda said...

that's exactly how i feel! except! i have a friend who got this book shelf from SMITHS, i am not even kidding, and it is the coolest thing i've ever seen. it is collapsible, the shelves go up, the sides come in and it moves flat as a book? location to location. she got it 3 years ago, so i have no hope of ever finding one similar, but the wood even looks cool, old fashioned maybe. agh.

Lauren! said...

yeah...I buy stuff from the DI. classy.

Snubbs the White Rabbit said...

Don't you have to be married or be a chick to shop there? I think you are the first single male i have met that likes ikea. Well, you and the narrator from Fight Club.

Dave said...

I LOVE FIGHT CLUB. best movie ever.