Thursday, September 25, 2008

Cut me, love me

Does this look like a boy whose face you'd like to punch? If not, you are probably a 13 year old girl.
I hate Rocket Summer. Quite possible one of the worst bands ever to plague the ears of man, not to mention find a little success. Like, the most whiny, awful power-pop you can imagine. Give it a listen if you don't believe me.

Anyways, I was at a friends and some cougs were hanging out in the basement with one of her other roommates. So we went down stairs. It was previously made known to Connie that one of them had recently attended the Rocket Summer concert. So whilst shoving gummy bears down our gullets in the kitchen, Connie asks one of the cougs how Rocket Summer was.

So he gets this real serious look on his face and says, "Oh. It was the most emotional concert I have ever been to. He just connected with the crown. It was amazing."

I looked at Colin. Colin looked at Connie. Connie looked at me and Colin. I looked at Connie, and Colin looking at Connie. Connie looked at me looking at Colin. I didn't even know what to say, so I said "Huh." And gingerly waited for him to walk out of sight. Because it was the most ridiculous/funny thing I have ever heard. Because Rocket Summer makes me want to cut out my ear drums and drop kick them into a giant garbage disposal full of boiling acidic fire. Because I can just imagine this guy, and 400 13 year old girls with bandaids all over their arms, tears streaming down their faces as they "emotionally connected" with this guy.

I sort of wanted to vomit in my pants and hysterically laugh at the same time. How does this guy take himself seriously?

5 comments:

Connie. Widdison said...

hhhhhhhhhhha.
i'm sitting in my class, honestly laughing out loud. this scene keeps replaying in my head. it's bad.
what's doubles the level of hilarity is that he didn't realize i was mocking him. he thought i seriously cared about how rocket summer was.
ugh.
gd cougs.

Lauren! said...

ew. ew. ew.

Marni said...

i took my brother to a Linkin Park concert, and he will remember it as one of his favorite nights of his life. now these band may not be music to our ears, but at least cougs and my lil bro are passionate about music.

b said...

So lovely. Thank you.

Dave said...

hilarious. this one's a keeper for the book.