Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Secret grime

Sometimes my fingernails get grimy, and I can't even surmise how it occurs. I don't do anything that would be considered dirty. I have only started noticing this phenomenon over the last few weeks. I can't figure it out, as it has never seemed to happen before. I think it all started when I went to NYC. No matter how hard I tried to avoid touching ANYTHING, I still accrued all manner of gray, clay-like grime under my fingernails. I sort of felt like that was a bit metaphorical to New York; no matter how much you try to stay clean and not touch anything, you are still secretly affected by the grime. There is no real escape.

Somehow, this grime has followed me here, and is now covertly affecting my life. Or perhaps not so covertly.

1 comment:

Joliene said...

i have noticed that my fingernails only seem to collect dirt at a certain length. perhaps your nails are living at that length.