Friday, September 5, 2008

Not such a great place to be

I currently feel buried under an avalanche of inadequacy, self doubt, and worries. I feel like there are 2 giant, dark hands compressing my chest from either side. I know what I want to do, but I suddenly feel so shaken in that desire. Because of a simple conversation, I am rife with a sense of hopelessness, that my hopes and dreams are so much more difficult to obtain that what I had previously suspected. My bubble has been slightly burst, and my confidence shattered. Nevertheless, I can't give up on what I want. A reevaluation is in order. I just feel so terribly alone right now. Terrified that I'll never be who I really want to be. Stricken with fear that I'll never be able to meet out my full potential, that perhaps my potential really isn't what I had previously supposed.

I'm in a dark hole.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hey... um I just thought I'd let you know that I've been there. I've been scared too and hurt and lost and I've recently kind of finally started to see the light. I know I'm young, but I've been through a lot for only being 19. This blog just reminded me something President Hinkley's daughter said in a devotional I attended last week- she told us that when we are having that feeling of being completely alone.. then that is when we know we have lost our faith. Andy, I love you and I just want you to know that I have faith in you. I know that you can reach your goals and become the person you want to be. I can't imagine living through forever without you. Please, please don't give up. I love you.
p.s you can delete this comment if you want, won't hurt my feelings.